Discover The Benefits Of Giving Wisely
There are many creative ways to support Fairmont State University and Pierpont Community and
Technical College. Listed below are ways in which donors and the Fairmont State-Pierpont
Foundation can both benefit at the same time.
Examples of "planned gifts":
● Planned giving allows the donor to make a future gift such as a bequest using cash,
stock or perhaps other assets.
● Another option would be an Annuity that would provide the donor a steady
stream of income for life.
The IRS allows its most significant tax breaks for gifts of appreciated securities.
● New Policy - You can fund a future gift for us and deduct premium payments.
● Paid-Up Policy - Give us a policy whose coverage you no longer need.
● Gift-Replacement - Create a life-income gift for yourself; create an irrevocable insurance trust
to restore the value of your gift to benefit your heirs.
Donate books, artwork, or equipment and secure an income tax deduction.
Make a substantial gift to support FSU or Pierpont through a transfer of residential, commercial, or
undeveloped real estate.
Retained Life Estate
Receive a large deduction by donating a residence while retaining the right to live there for life.
The balance of your retirement plan may be worth more when donated to the Fairmont
State-Pierpont Foundation than to your heirs.